Congratulations on your new kitten!
We look forward to being introduced to your new family member. All of us are eager to help assist you with getting your kitten started on their journey to a healthy life.
It is important to have your new kitten examined by us as soon as you bring your kitten home. During your first kitten visit, we will make sure he or she is healthy, and discuss your kitten’s nutritional needs, vaccines, and answer any questions you have about your new kitten.
What to expect on your kitten’s first visit with us:
- Lots of love and snuggles!
- A comprehensive physical exam
- Screening for viruses specific to felines, such as Feline Leukemia Virus and Feline Immuno Virus
- Development of an immunization program based on your kitten’s lifestyle
- Recommendations for controlling and preventing external parasites such as fleas
- Heartworm prevention recommendations
- Nutritional counseling
- Behavior and housetraining recommendations
- Pet insurance discussion
For your first kitten visit with us, we request that you bring all paperwork pertaining to the previous care of your kitten including all previous immunizations, deworming, and medications.